Certified Dental Coder- Specialist (CDC-S™) Examination Guidelines
To qualify for the CDC-S™ exam you will be required to have the following :
- Current ADCA Membership in good standing
- High School Diploma or Equalivent
- Proof of 5 years or more experience in Dental Billing & Coding
- Held the CDC credential for a minimum of 2 years
The CDC-S certification exams consists 10 random operative reports. The format includes fill in the blanks, true and false, and multiple choice questions. The exam may use images, video, and/or problem based scenarios throughout the examination.
Once registered you may take the certification exam any day of the week at any hour you choose. You will have 48 hours from the time of purchase to take and complete the exam. The exam is a timed 1 hour exam.
The exam format is a computerized, open book examination, delivered via the internet, based on the following coding manuals:
- Current year AMA CPT® Standard or Professional Edition
- Current year ICD-9-CM Standard or Professional Edition
- Current year ADA CDT®
Upon completion of the examination you will immediately receive pass/fail results. You must pass the exam with a minimum score of 80% to become certified. Credentials will be mailed to those who pass the exam within 2-4 weeks of completion.
CDC-S Registration Fee: $189.00
This exam will be released April 1, 2013