What is a dental biller or dental coder?
A dental billing specialist is someone who manages the dental practice accounts receivables. The day to day duties of a dental billing professional include a combination of the following:
- Filing and submitting insurance claims to various insurance carriers for reimbursement
- Collecting patient co-payments
- Submitting pre-authorizations for expected treatment
- Obtaining eligibility verification on patients and their family members
- Calling insurance carriers to check on aging or old insurance claims that have not been paid
- Explaining insurance co-payments and/or coinsurance portions to the patient
- Sending out and collecting outstanding patient balances
A dental coding professional is someone who posses all the skills listed above as well as being able to look up and place proper dental codes (CDT) , medical codes(CPT) and diagnosis (ICD-9-CM) codes to a claim by extracting the information from the patient’s chart or dentist’s operative notes.
If you’re interested in furthering your carrier or starting a new career in the dental field as a Dental biller/coder the ADCA has education and training classes as well as certification opportunities to assist you with your goals.
Available Qty: 12