Format & Pre-Requisite
- You must have a working computer and internet access
- Working knowledge of dental anatomy and terminology
- Working knowledge of HIPPA, Coding Concepts, and Treatment Planning
- Working knowledge of day to day front office duties
This is an online, on-demand, private student forum.
This course is geared toward the individual that has dental billing and front office experience and is interested in learning the coding and documentation side of dentistry. The course offers reading material, instructional videos, and quizzes to test your knowledge . There is no required time to login for class, it is on your own time at your convenience day or night. Instructors are available to answer any questions you may have or assist you with any material in the course of study. We understand some of you have time constraints and other obligations for this reason you will be given up to 3 months to complete the course in its entirety.
The following topics will be taught utilizing coding manuals:
- Module I- Will go over what a Certified Dental Coder (CDC) is and what obligations and commitments are required of a CDC.
- Module II - The history of ICD codes and an insiders look at ICD-10-CM coding and what it means for dentistry.
- Module III - ICD-10-CM coding exercises with in-depth explanation of codes and usage to familiarize the coder with proper assignment.
- Module IV & V - An in-depth look at CDT coding, proper documentation, code usage and assignment, popular code utilization review guidelines, how to use the CDT coding manual.
- Module VI & VII - CPT (medical codes) documentation, templates, code utilization / review guidelines with global inclusions, modifiers, assignment, & cross-code evaluation.
- Module VIII- Capstone and review of module one thru seven along with CDC examination.
This course DOES NOT include your CDT®, CPT® or ICD-10-CM® coding manuals.