Members Code of Ethics
Commitment to ethical professional conduct is expected of every ADCA member. The outlined Code of Ethics enables the ADCA to clarify to current, future, and credentialed members, and to those serviced by our members, the nature of the ethical responsibilities the association holds it’s members too. This document establishes principles that define the ethical behavior of all ADCA members. All ADCA members are required to adhere to the Code of Ethics and the Code of Ethics will serve as the basis for processing ethical complaints initiated against ADCA members.
ADCA members shall:
- Maintain and enhance the dignity, status, integrity, competence, and standards of our profession.
- Respect the privacy of others and honor confidentiality
- Refrain from defamation and/or slander of the association or any of its members.
- Advance the profession through continued professional development and education by acquiring and maintaining professional competence.
- Know and respect existing federal, state and local laws, regulations, certifications and licensing requirements applicable to professional work.
- Use only legal and ethical principles that reflect the profession’s core values and report activity that is perceived to violate this Code of Ethics to the ADCA immediately
- Accurately represent the credential(s) earned and the status of ADCA membership.
- Avoid actions and circumstances that may appear to compromise good business judgment or create a conflict between personal and professional interests.
Adherence to these standards assures public confidence in the integrity and service of dental coding, auditing, compliance and practice management professionals who are ADCA members.
Failure to adhere to these standards, as determined by ADCA’s Ethics Committee, may result in the loss of credentials and membership with ADCA.
Contact us for complaints or inquiries regarding violations of our Code of Ethics